Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Philippe Gerlach - Youremyhome








Philippe Gerlach
Youremyhome - Limited edition booklet, 2010

This is the second publication from Philippe Gerlach that I have in my collection. The first one being the beautiful book Gosia, and aren't we lucky that Philippe is in love again...

I don't know for sure that Philippe is in love with the mysterious Talin, but I've seen enough of his work to know that passion plays a role as important as light in his work. 23 b/w, mostly double images, seem random at first but are quite smart in their juxtaposition; surely a result of Philippe's visual language being honed with the 'zine aesthetic. Philippe has turned me on to several forms of art/punk 'zines over the last years and this booklet shares the same feel.

It's cupid in a mohak.

If you have and like Gosia, this one is a good companion. If you missed Gosia, and I's sure they are sold-out, this one would be a good start for Philippe's work.

It is published by the Paris based Kaugummi.
Edition of 150

There are more images here on a blog, and its also well worth a visit, but you will need some time. Here a few of the highlights.

3 photos, Philippe Gerlach. Youremyhome.

2 comments:

  1. i have no idea who he is but im definietely gonna order this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got my copy, and it is beautiful. Could go on for many more pages, but just as it is, it tells a nice story.
    I also like the minimalistic publishing imprint by Kaugummi.
    Very nice. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete